Thursday, November 8, 2012

It's Been Awhile.....

Hi friends!  It has been awhile since I've posted here.  That crazy little thing called "LIFE" was getting to be a bit more than I could handle so I decided to take a break.  I'll get to some explanations in another post. Hope you all have been well.

A few months back a friend of mine posted a DIY Laundry Detergent recipe that she found and decided to try.  Her reviews were so great that I figured, what the heck, I would try it too. (Again, I am not claiming this as my own creation......I have seen this recipe posted on Pinterest as well.)  I made a comment about this DIY on Twitter the other day and some of you have asked for the recipe so here is my experience.

I was always surprised, and disappointed, by the costs of laundry detergents at the store so I purchased the items and followed instructions and began to tackle the laundry monster that had taken over. What happen you asked?  Excitement and wonder!! Clean, soft, great smelling clothes!  So happy with the outcome we continued to use it until we ran out.  Oh, and here is the best part.....The detergent last us 3 months!

Here is your list of items that you will need with the directions to follow.

For the added benefit of why you might want to try this for yourself I have listed how much the cost for the supplies from Walmart.



1 Bar of Fels-Naptha   .97 cents
1 Box Borax             $3.38
1 Box Washing Soda $3.24

Total $                   $7.59














OK, I feel like I have shared something wonderful with you all......now go........go create!
Until next time :)

2 comments: